Replace your breakfast cereal that’s full with sugar, with a heathy breakfast smoothie instead! It keeps you full all the way to lunch and doesn’t have the sugar that takes all of your energy away.
Here’s why I included these ingredients into my recipe:
– Gelatin/Collagen Hydrosylate – Because our diets are heavily focused on muscle meat consumption, we lose out on the benefits of consuming bones, skin, and tendons as was ancestral practice. Traditional bone broths are used in gut healing protocols such as the GAPS diet for mucosal repair, while the high glycine content of gelatin may help with insomnia, anxiety, joints, hair, and skin.
– Coconut Oil – A primary source of traditional fat throughout the tropics, coconut oil has a unique profile in its saturated fat content – specifically medium chain triglycerides. These fats don’t require pancreatic enzymes for digestion and are immediately available for energy. Studied for cognition, lipid balance, immune support, and metabolism, this food is a must for transitioning to a fat burning metabolism for mind and body.
– Ghee – Grass-fed butter clarified of lactose and casein, ghee is a powerful source of unique fats such as butyrate and CLA, and fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and K. Saturated fats such as butyrate can be used for energy, support gut cell integrity, and even have remote anti-inflammatory effects on the brain. According to Aruveydic tradition, ghee has healing properties distinct from butter and that are not captured by this analysis of its macro and micronutrients.
– Raw Cacao: Raw Cacao is a top source of antioxidants, and contains an abundance of magnesium and iron. Most Americans are deficient of magnesium which is needed in almost every function of the body!
– MACA Powder: Maca is an ancient superfood and balances the bodies delicate endocrine system, supporting natural energy and vitality. It’s a fiber rich food and a good source of plant protein. It is packed with essential fatty acids.
Learn more on my website: www.thrive7.com/