WARNING!!! Take it slowly when you first start eating fermented vegetables. Start with one teaspoon of sauerkraut or other fermented vegetables per meal. Some individuals find they need to start with only the juice from the vegetables; its effect is that potent. Gradually increase your serving size of fermented vegetables as your body tolerates them.
Dr. Mercola’s culture starter is one of the only products that will also yield a fermented end product with beneficial vitamin K2 which is why we specifically recommend his starter & it is a controlled ferment which means you are less likely to grow unhealthy microbes. However, you must ensure that the vegetables stay submerged below the liquid at all times to prevent unwanted yeast or mold from growing. You’ll also want to make sure that you properly sterilize all tools prior to starting your ferment.
(use ripe but fresh organic ingredients for the best results)
1. 2 medium sized cabbages
2. 1 sliver of ginger
3. 2 medium beets
4. 6-7 carrots
5. 7 celery sticks
6. 2 packets of Kinetic culture starter
1. 2 sterile wide-mouthed, glass mason jars
2. 2 carbon filter lids (optional)
3. High speed blender or juicer
4. Food processor with an s-blade
5. 3 extra-large bowls
6. Fermenting tamper
• Using vegetable spray, spray & wash all veggies in cold water.
• Peel the carrots, beets, & slice of ginger.
• Peel back the top layer of each cabbage & put it aside for later.
• Chop carrots, beets, ginger & celery into smaller pieces.
• Place chopped celery in a high-speed blender, this will make your brine.
• Fill the blender to the top with filtered water.
• Blend on high speed until all celery is liquid, fresh celery juice will work as well.
• Reduce the speed and add (2) packets of the culture starter to the celery mixture.
• In a food processor with an s-blade, pulse chop the carrots, beets and ginger slice into smaller pieces (see video for texture)
• Cut and chop the cabbage in the same manner as the other veggies.
• Separate the cabbage into two bowls & mix in equal parts of the other veggies.
• Now pour in equal amounts of brine into each bowl.
• Mix the brine and veggies thoroughly with either a sterile spatula, spoon or your hands.
• Fill each mason jar with the veggie mixture and be sure to pack it down very tightly using a fermenting stomper.
• Push all veggies below the liquid brine.
• Using the cabbage leaf, you put aside earlier, cut it into two (2) pieces large enough to top off your mason jars. (see video for added details).
• Pack the leaf down tightly to cover the veggies, tucking in the sides until all liquid floats to the top.
• Now prepare the carbon filter lids (optional but highly recommended to reduce odors)
• Ensure the lids and the mouth of your jars are clean and dry.
• Now set the bottles aside out of direct sunlight for 5-7 days at room temperature to allow it to ferment. The veggies are ready when they taste slightly sour & tart. Between 68/75 degrees Fahrenheit, 85 degrees max. Heat kills the beneficial microbes, so be sure to monitor temps. During the summer, veggies are typically done in 3-4 days. In the winter, they may need as much as 7 days.
• Move them to the fridge to stop the fermentation process when they are done.
(This recipe will make (2) large mason jars full of fermented veggies with some left over & will hold in the fridge for approx. 4 months.)
FOLLOW US ON:
Business Website: https://www.thehealinghandsduo.com/
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
nnEMF Consultations: https://energyalignmentsol.wixsite.com/energyalignment
If interested in purchasing a Super Sauna Photon Genius or Genie, please contact us directly at email@example.com
PLEASE LIKE & SUBSCRIBE: watching!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj9y04SzN6lVo_HeEyT90pw
Kinetic culture packets for vegetables: https://shop.mercola.com/product/1726/1/kinetic-culture-packets-for-vegetables-10-packets-per-box-1-box
Carbon filter lids: https://shop.mercola.com/product/1705/1/kinetic-culture-fermenting-jar-lids-3-lids-per-box-1-box
(IF YOU ENJOY OUR CONTENT PLEASE HELP SUPPORT US BY SHOPPING AMAZON THROUGH OUR AFFILIATE LINKS, THANKS! USA & Canadian links provided for your convenience.)
Vitamix 48oz https://amzn.to/2Jl8tvI (CDN) https://amzn.to/2XBubEj (USA)
Breville Food Processor: https://amzn.to/2XvZXCN (CDN) https://amzn.to/2JwHBYy (USA)
Sauerkraut Tamper/Pounder: https://amzn.to/2Lc1Hun (CDN) https://amzn.to/2LJs3DA (USA)
#fermentedvegetables #fermentedfoods #fermentedfoodsforguthealth