Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Both milk and honey offer health benefits for our bodies when they are consumed. When we combine them, the mixture offers some surprising health benefits that promotes our overall health and immunity. This powerful concoction and be consumed daily, and we will discuss how to prepare and make the drink at the end of the video. Now, lets discuss some of the wonderful health benefits drinking milk and honey consistently can offer.
1. First, drinking this mixture can promote healthy digestion. Honey is a tremendous source of prebiotics. These prebiotic nutrients work to stimulate the growth and development of gut and stomach healthy probiotics. These probiotics are beneficial bacteria for us found in both the digestive system and intestines. As well, these probiotics work to stimulate the effect of bifeedobacteria. This is a probiotic found in milk that can also promote health digestion. This means that milk and honey can help with conditions such as constipation, bloating and cramps.
2. It can also be beneficial for our bone health as some research has indicated. The honey in the mixture has been shown to work as a transport and carrier of healthy vitamins, minerals and nutrients from the foods we consume. This is especially true for the nutrient calcium. The honey and milk work together wonderfully in this way since milk is a rich source of calcium, and honey promotes the body’s uptake of it. By maximizing the absorption of calcium we consume, it can help to prevent conditions such as osteoporosis and joint inflammation.
3. Drink milk mixed with honey will also offer incredible antibacterial benefits. Research has shown that milk mixed honey has an effect on staphylococcus bacteria, even more so then when both are consumed individually. The antibacterial properties of this mixture can also help with certain intestinal disorders as well as treat respiratory disorders such as colds and coughs.
4. It can also help with insomnia and remedy sleeplessness. These effects are strengthened when milk and honey are combined and consumed together. Honey has the ability to actually elicit a controlled increase in the amounts of insulin that are secreted. This will promote the release of tryptophan into the brain, which will help promote sleep. This is because tryptophan is generally converted into serotonin, leading to feelings of relaxation. In addition, serotonin can convert into melatonin, which again can help with sleep.
5. Milk mixed with honey can also provide incredible benefits for our skin. They both have cleansing and antimicrobial properties. Again, these skin care benefits are enhanced when the two ingredients are consumed together. It can help to give the skin a healthy glow and keep it looking young and radiant. This mixture also has tremendous anti-aging effects since it is a great source of antioxidants. These antioxidants will work to eliminate free radicals in the body, which are one of the main causes of skin degradation, wrinkles and age spots.
6. Lastly, drinking this mixture consistently will provide numerous vitamins, minerals and nutrients. These include calcium, vitamin D, potassium, vitamin B12, zinc, iron and numerous amino acids. These can help to promote our overall health and also provide energy to us throughout the day. In addition to these nutrients, we will also be getting some protein, which is found in milk.
If you are concerned about weight gain, please note you don’t have to consume large quantities of milk and honey for these benefits, especially if you are drinking it consistently. As well, you can use skim milk and organic raw honey for this recipe. Measure 1 cup of milk and pour it into a glass. Then add in 1 tablespoon of organic raw honey. You can even start with half of this concoction and begin drinking it that way depending on your calorie needs. This mixture can be consumed in the mornings, or at night time to help with sleep.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.